Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Mikey!


Meet the travel monkeys.

Today my little brother, Mikey, would have turned 22 years old. I miss him. Since his death in 2001 a family tradition emerged. Monkeys were Mikey's favorite animal. Both monkeys in this picture are from Mikey's stuffed animal collection. The little one in the crocheted vest is the original travel monkey. On our first family vacation after my little brother passed we brought the monkey with us as a way of keeping him with us. Mom crocheted the vest and we bought pins for the places we visited. My Mikey Monkey is the one in the tux. He was part of my wedding ceremony and has since become my travel monkey (although there are a few pins I still need to get...). So that's the short version of the story behind the monkeys.

Love you Mikey! Happy Birthday!

~Nata

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

 

Modified by Vin